Duration: 3 years 5 months
Pass in 10+2 or equivalent examination with any subjects.
Foreign nationals: (Including Nepali, Bangladeshi, Bhutani and Tibetan Refugee) for admission to Diploma Nursing (GNM) programme candidates should have qualified 12th standard obtained by association of Indian University /Institution/ Council or equivalent.
Nursing is full-time occupation and candidates who have acquired the required skills and education in the field of care-taking and nursing can take up jobs at hospitals, clinics, health departments or can work as a private health care-taker.
GNM diploma holders can also take up community services and can work for NGOs that spread medical awareness or help the sick.
The salaries offered after the GNM courses can vary from Rs. 1.5 lakh to Rs. 3 lakh.
Some government jobs pay better packages to freshers who complete this course.
Some of the job profiles that a GNM diploma holder can apply for: Staff Nurse, Home Nurse, Health Visitor, Community Health Worker.
Duration: 4 Years
10+2 with 50% marks in science subjects (Physics, Chemistry, Biology - Botany / Zoology).
If belonging to a SC/ST should have obtained not less than 40% of the total marks in science subjects.
Completed 17 years of age at the time of admission or will complete this age on or before 31st December of the year of admission
The college is affiliated to the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences and Approved by The INC, New Delhi. The College develops in students of Basic B.Sc. (Nursing) an aptitude for nursing to provide the necessary knowledge & skills to give comprehensing nursing care to patients for all types of illness coitte following objectives of study.
• To provide a balance of professional and general education
• To enable a student to become a professional nurse practitioner who is self-directing and also a responsible citizen.
• Assess the nursing needs of individuals, families and Communities throughout life, from birth to death.
• Plan appropriate action to meet their needs through completely safe nursing care.
• Prevention of illness, restoration of health and rehabilitation.
Duration: 2 years
• After GNM course Diploma with or without experience.
• Candidate should be a registered nurse and registered Midwife or equivalent with any state nursing registration council.
• No candidate who is above 48 years of age as on 31st December of the year of admission will be eligible.
• Foreign nationals: (Including Nepali, Bengladesi, Bhutani and Tibetan refugee) seeking admission to Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing programme must have valid certificate of registered nurse by their own country.
The Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing is a 2 years degree programme affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University Health Science, Bengaluru, Karnataka. This programme is approved by Karnataka State Nursing Council & Indian Nursing Council. The health care sector has witnessed rapid development in recent years and the nursing professionals who are part of health system too have a dynamic growth rate.
The PB B.Sc. Nursing programme is aimed at preparing young professionals to presume responsibility as nurse specialists, consultants, educators, clinical specialist by providing advanced knowledge which is rendered through classroom & clinical teaching and educational visits. The scope encompasses nursing educational institutions, clinical nursing and public health nursing in community setting. The examinations are held annually.
Duration: 2 years * Subject to approval
• Passed B.Sc. Nursing (Basic) or Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing degree or Post certificate B.Sc. Nursing of RGUHS or any other university accepted as equivalent by RGHS, Karnataka.
• Minimum of one year of experience after obtaining B.Sc. Nursing in a hospital or in Nursing educational institution or community health setting. For candidate possessing Post Basic Nursing, experience is not required.
• Be a registered Nurse and Midwife
• Medical Surgical Nursing
• Community Health Nursing
• Child Health (Paediatric) Nursing
• Obstetrics and Gynaecology Nursing
• Psychiatric (Mental Health) Nursing